cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
carrot1401 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion 15-aw065sa replacement base/optical bay cover

HP Pavilion 15-aw065sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, hope we're all well! I'm hoping someone can help me!

I recently got a HP Pavilion 15-aw065sa and I love it. I decided to upgrade the SSD, and sadly in doing so, have slightly cracked the underside plastic (about an inch along from the middle of the rear towards the centre of the case). It's not a biggie, but I'd really know if there is anywhere (be it HP or someone else) where I can PAY MONEY (to a limit, lets not go silly, it's just a piece of plastic) to get a replacement. I'm also looking at getting an optical HDD caddy, so a DVD drive front replacement would be useful too!

If anyone can help please let me know, it's a great laptop!

EDIT: Should mention I checked the part surfer, as well as ebay, and sadly can't find anything :Crying:

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18654 18600 1536 2584
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@carrot1401

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 
I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand you have accidentally cracked a part  of the base enclosure (please correct me, If I'm wrong)

And you are in need of the part number: 719866-001 (let me know, if this works for you)

If not, reply back with your computer's product number (please don't share sensitive information such as serial, email id, etc) so that I could get you an accurate solution.

Let me know if those steps worked for you.  If they did, that’s awesome!  Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
carrot1401 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello! @Riddle_Decipher. Firstly thanks for your post, always a great start when HP Employees are actively looking to help their customers. I appreciatte this.

I am indeed in need of both the base encloser as well as a optical bay cover i.e the front plastic bit for the dvd drive.

I had a look at 719866-001 and that doesn't seem to be the part; I googled the part and that base includes a hole for the battery while the HP Pavillion 15-aw065sa (product number X7H11EA#ABU) has an internal battery, so I don't think that is the right part. I hope you can still help me though!

HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18654 18600 1536 2584
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@carrot1401

Thank you for replying,

Please find the details you are looking for on this link.

Just enter the region & product number to obtain the part number you need,

You could also use the parts store on the same page and order the parts from HP.

Keep me posted,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation