cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
zme-ul
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Pavilion 15-n000sq, how to I change/upgrade the HDD ?

HP Recommended

Hello

I'm looking for a way to change the internal HDD on this notebook, but I don't see a way to do it

the only thing i see is how to change upgrade the RAM, WLAN and optical drive

why I want to do this: HP put a 5400RPM SATA 3Gb on a SATA 6Gb controller :indifferent:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pepe999
Level 10
4,438 4,399 450 757
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@zme-ul wrote:

Hello

I'm looking for a way to change the internal HDD on this notebook, but I don't see a way to do it

why I want to do this: HP put a 5400RPM SATA 3Gb on a SATA 6Gb controller :indifferent:

Hi,

The hard drive is under the top cover. See this manual page 65.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03883388.pdf

Gigabyte G5 Linux Mint
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
4 REPLIES 4
pepe999
Level 10
4,438 4,399 450 757
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@zme-ul wrote:

Hello

Hi,

The hard drive is under the top cover. See this manual page 65.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03883388.pdf

Gigabyte G5 Linux Mint

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*

View solution in original post

zme-ul
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks for the manual

as I thought ... I have to open up the notebook - strange design choice :Crying:

and most likely, if I do this I'll void the warranty

pepe999
Level 10
4,438 4,399 450 757
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@zme-ul wrote:

thanks for the manual

as I thought ... I have to open up the notebook - strange design choice :Crying:

and most likely, if I do this I'll void the warranty

You are very welcome!!

Yes, the design is not the best one. I have got a mSATA under the top cover too. Unfortunately use a common 2.5" SSD so no need for that. I think that a hard drive upgrade cannot void the warranty at all. However, I would keep the original drive..

Gigabyte G5 Linux Mint

zme-ul
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I bought it with 3y warranty, but who knows .... nothing is set in stone, and especially not laptops :TongueOut:

they ususally use locktide on the screws and who know what service will think and do when they'll open it up

SSD are expensive / Gb - not really worth it, I'd rather put a SSHD (hybrid)

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation