cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
6 3 2 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Pavilion DM4 E:\HP_Tools partition size issue w/ Windows 7

HP Recommended

Hello,

My girlfriend has a Pavilion DM4 running Windows 7. She is getting an error message saying that there is not enough space on drive E, which is the HP_Tools partition. I can't shrink or expand the partition via Control Panel because those choices are grayed out. Do I have to shrink the C:\ partition before I can expand the e:\ partition? Alternatively, is it safe to delete any or all of the files in E:\HP_Tools?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
87,327 87,211 11,116 23,869
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Normally we don't touch to HP_Tools and Recovery partitions. Please tell her: don't store ANY user data to those partitions. She may run something which could write/store something in there. You can remove/delete HP_Tools partition BUT HP Tools won't run, it's up to you: do you need HP_Tools ? My suggestion: look at it, delete or move data/files to other location(s) and tell her do not put anything in there.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
6 3 2 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I don't think she saves any files to that partition. I'm not looking at it right now but I think there were just a few files in the main HP_Tools folder and three sub-folders. She says she has been getting that message since the computer was new. The message pops up when the computer boots up.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation