cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
czDAWID
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion DV6 won't boot up

Pavilion DV6-3060EZ
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have 2 notebooks. HP Pavilion DV6-3060EZ which i used and old HP Compaq nx5000. Both have same problem. They won't boot up, but I will talk just about DV6. My battery died and I can't start notebook just with ac adapter. So yesterday I bought new battery. And there is same problem. 

When I press power button (with only battery plugged in, only ac-adapter, or both), led diods starts blinking, fan starts cooling and within 1 second it will shut down. I've read some articles on forum, i tried almost everything. I tried to disconnect ac adapter, battery, than 30 seconds hold power button and connect it back but it didn't work too. 

But, three-times happens, that when I tried to turn it on, it worked well, I was at Windows on my desktop. But after 5 minutes it shuts down.

Thanks for any advice,

czDAWID 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Dhee
Level 4
121 121 4 13
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

can u pls tell me whcih led light on the keyboard is blinking ?

0 Kudos
czDAWID
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, when I press on/off button, led lights on keyboard (mute button, caps lock etc.) , fingerprinter and power led start lighting for 1 second and then its shuts down

0 Kudos
Dhee
Level 4
121 121 4 13
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

probably a hardware problem 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation