cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AbacoSrl
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Pavilion DV6162EA Xp drivers disappeared from page

Pavilion DV6162EA
Microsoft Windows XP

Lately HP Support is going crazy, or it's me going crazy! Anyway, yesterday I was at customer's office downloading XP drivers for that notebook and the support page loaded with drivers requested. Tomorrow, doing the same steps to find the model, the page shows empty!!

Now, I need to download some more drivers (i forgot Lan and audio): how do I do?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 20
Level 20
113,339 103,516 16,282 25,009
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi:

I see all the XP drivers listed...

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-dv6100-entertainment-notebook-pc-ser...

If for some reason you still can't here are the direct links to the audio and ethernet drivers.

For the audio you need to first install this software and reboot.

This package contains the Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio in the listed operating systems. For more information about this driver, see Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 888111, "Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) High Definition Audio class driver version 1.0a available for Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Server 2003, and Microsoft Windows 2000."

File name: sp32646.exe

Then install the audio driver and reboot.

This package contains the driver for the Conexant High Definition Audio Chip.

File name: sp34204.exe

Ethernet:

This package contains the drivers for the Intel PRO 100 Network Adapter in the listed operating systems.

File name: sp33645.exe

AbacoSrl
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Argh that Firefox played a dirty trick on me. Opened the link you provided with Chrome and the magic happened! Owe you a beer mate

0 Kudos
Level 20
Level 20
113,339 103,516 16,282 25,009
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Cheers!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation