cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Pavilion DV7 w/3+ years of overheating. FAN WORKS FINE. NO UPDATE NEEDED OR EVEN AVAILABLE

HP Recommended
Pavilion DV&
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have begged, pleaded, posted, pouted, whined and PAID FOR the OVERHEATING of this $999 laptop WHICH I HAVE NEVER ONCE BEEN ABLE TO USE FOR MORE THAN 15 minutes at a time.  Iam SOOOOO far beyond incensed I could  probably beat up a bunny. 

Pavilion DV7

OVERHEATING. IT IS NOT THE FAN AND THERE IS NO BIOS UPDATE.  I have mailed it in, THREE times and subsequently been scammed out of paying for a new fan, which was never the problem t begin with.........and, as many of us have come to expect of HP, they fixed NOTHING. 

I have also called numerous times requesting help, DENIED. (paying for tech support) 

So, would someone kindly help me fix this? My 'real' laptop (mac) was stolen......sadly, I have NO choice but to try and get this up and running. 

It is a Pavilion DV7, fan works fine, in fact it runs perfectly.......overheats to the point that it literally shuts down the laptop. 

THERE ARE NO UPDATES, OF ANY KIND. (believe me, I have checked, dozens and dozens and dozens of times)

I am running Windows 10 (against my will.........but thee is NO way to remove it. I have probably done 50 factory reset over the past 3.5  years and the last 3 factory resets that I did this month........Windows 10. 

Oh, and if anyone can help with this one.......I also have that AMD graphics pop up, asking for driver updates.........but their ARE NO UPDATES. It also shows 2 graphics cards, the AMD 4200 and AMD 5000. Factory resets, and poof, they both reappear every time. Even if I uninstall them and do a restart, they always reappear. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
20,511 15,846 325 967
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AngryEndUser

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation