cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
larryvr4
Level 1
4 3 1 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

Solved!

Pavilion G6 broken left hinge and no display

HP Recommended
Pavilion G6-2342dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Hello! I have an out of warranty Pavilion g6-2342dx notebook that also has a broken left hinge. 2 days ago the display quit working. The system boots up normally, but no display.

I attached an HP s2031 monitor via the secondary monitor output cable and the note book seems to be working as it should.

As it is the left hinge which is broken, could the display power connection have come loose/undone? I don't really want to tear into it without some prior advice...  Smiley Happy

The warranty expired 3 May 2014, but I have noticed many other people have experienced a problem with this hinge. Is there some way that HP can "help out" and perhaps "extend" the warranty for this issue?  Any advice or tips you can give will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Larry

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Omar-E
Retired
Retired
10,015 6,596 119 423
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@larryvr4

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
larryvr4
Author
Level 1
4 3 1 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you! I will look for their reply.

Larry

0 Kudos
larryvr4
Author
Level 1
4 3 1 0
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As an addendum to this post...

I have received a phone call from an AMS TC Escalations Team Case Manager. He very kindly let me know that H.P. would resolve this problem for me! Yesterday morning I received a shipping container from H.P., and am sending the unit to their repair center.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU, both Here, and at H.P.; for a Very Satisying solution to this dilemma. Once again, my faith and product loyalty to H.P. has been vindicated.

🙂 Cheers, All!

0 Kudos
ArleenM
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there,

I have the same issue as Larry,  I have a Pavilion G7 product: B5Z51UA#ABA less than a year old and my left hinge broke out of nowhere  and within two days my display went dead.  I can use an exterenal monitor but there doesn't appear to be any display attached according to device manager.  I purchased this notebook from Amazon; my second G7 and I owned a G6 for several years as well with a C clamp holding my display where my left hinge broke rendering my notebook essentially a desktop.  Never thought it might be an ongoing issue.

I was told when I purchased this G7 that it had a one year warranty but my warranty status says it expired December of 2013 two years before I even purchased it...sigh.  So when this problem happened two days ago I sent a warranty dispute to HP and have yet to hear anything.  Meanwhile it seems according to this forum that Larry had a happy resolution.  So,

Is there anyway I could be helped as well?  I have my invoice from Amazon to verify my purchase date if that helps.  Also, I've tried a forced reboot no no avail.

thank you,

Arleen

0 Kudos
KEAM
2 1 0 0
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm another user with the same problem with the left hinge (though the display is at the moment still in tact). I have a Pavilion g6-2293sa which has had this problem previously and was repaired while under warranty. Unfortunately it's now out of warranty but the problem has occurred again. Since this is a known issue can I still submit it for a repair? I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

Kate

0 Kudos
Woodlandia
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi. 

I have the same issue. The laptop is 3 1/2 years old and the hinge started to play up over a year ago. Every time I adjusted the angle or shut/opened the laptop it would cause the upper and lower casing to come apart near the hinge. I taped it shut and that lasted about a year. The tape came apart and it opened up again but this time nothing but a black screen on startup. I haven't got a suitable monitor to try out if the screen related stuff is still working. 

I am so disappointed as I have tons of photographs, email stuff, apps and docs on there. 

0 Kudos
Duane_D
Retired
Retired
4,641 3,064 52 155
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
0 Kudos
HGovind
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

My laptop is out of warranty. This is happened to my 2nd laptop. It is breaking from hinge.

Can I get some help before display stops working.

Many Thanks.

0 Kudos
danny-r
Retired
Retired
8,250 7,081 144 477
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@HGovind

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation