cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Pavilion Touchsmart - when playing video i am getting a buzzing sound and lag.

HP Recommended

While I am watching any movie on my Pavilion I randomly hear a buzzing noise and then there is a pause in the audio. It's like it buzzes and then you don't hear anything for a second and then the audio comes back on. This happens like ever 15 seconds and is extremely annoying! Can any one please help me figure out what I have done to make this happen but it wasn't happening a week ago. I have an IDT HD Audio CODEC and an AMD HD Audio Device, I don't know what to do. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
10,400 10,963 247 610
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Amanda0725, welcome to the HP Forums. What is the model number of your computer? What version of Windows is installed? Does it happen with Speakers and/or headphones? If you tested headphones are they USB or 3.5mm headphones? Do you have your microphone muted? Have you tried an alternate power source?

How Do I Find My Notebook Model Number?
Which Windows operating system am I running?

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My Pavilion TouchSmart is model #: 15-b129wm

Windows 8.1 is installed. The buzzing happens with speakers and also when i have it hooked up to my tv with a HDMI cable. I have not tried headphones and i have not tried an alternate power source nor have do i know if i have my microphone muted. I got it to stop for a little bit but i don't remember what i did to get it to stop and now it is back again. Should I take it to the windows store and have a tech there look at it for me?

Also could the fact that my computer has an update that i havent restarted my computer to update yet cause an issue of this nature to occur? Please get back to me as soon as you can, thank you.

Best regards,

Amanda Egloff

Email: Aegloff@ymail.com

Cell: (845) 519-5121

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
And what do you mean by "Have you tried an alternate power source"? I don't understand what you mean by that. I have my battery that is in the computer that came with the computer and i have the power cord for the computer that came with it when i bought it. I don't know what other kind of power source I could try, except for an extended battery. Also if this makes a difference when I am watching the movies and this buzzing occurs I do have the computers power cord plugged in and charging the laptop. Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
10,400 10,963 247 610
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

An alternate power source could be a different AC Adapter (if you have one), a backup battery (again, if you have one). Sometimes having the AC cord plugged into a surge protector, where a fluorescent lamp is plugged in can get some audible feedback. You should try different wall outlets as well.

Restarting your computer is a valuable troubleshooting step, I recommend you try it if you haven't.

To ensure the microphone is muted, see the section "Microphone or line-in device is not working with the computer / Step 2" in this document:  Resolving Microphone and Line-in Problems (Windows 😎

If those steps do not improve the situation, you can restore the original audio drivers using this document: Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 😎

After that, install the updated drivers located here: IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation