Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Wayne,

If you download and run the HP support assistant it would help to make sure everything is installed and drivers updated. It might be a good idea to uninstall and then reinstall.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-99047-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

I would need the model number to direct you to exact drivers and software as there are many different HP Pavilion dv6 models.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I did run hp support assistant and still no luck.  I even purchased another webcam and got the same message.  I was on the phone with their support and they were also unable to solve it.  The webcam worked once with the web video chat at bussu.com, but that is all I can remember.  I am also using google chrome.

Thanks

wayne

HP Recommended

Hi Wayner1,

I would need the current operating system and the model of computer number as there are many different HP Pavilion dv6 models.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Mrstenter

QE025UA#ABA, Windows 7 with auto update on.

W

HP Recommended

Hi Wayner1,

Thanks for the information. Here is the driver for your webcam. You need to uninstall the original software then restart the computer and download the new software.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-98402-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

This is for the webcam that is built in only.

Have you tried working the webcam with Internet Explorer?

Hope this helps.

Thanks

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I kept getting a USB error in my task bar although all my USB ports were working fine! This has been going on for about three weeks. I went to use Skype and discovered my camera was not working - Device Manager did not show that the camera existed!! Pulled bezel off screen and resecured white plug for camera and presto-chango everything was working just fine. Have been searching for USB error on internet forever with no positive results. Thanks for the solution Camman_97 you are a lifesaver.

HP Recommended

Thanks guys, Indeed I had the issue of

1.) Webcam worked then died

2.) Started to get "mystery" usb device connected/disconnected (even with no usb peripherals plugged in).

3.) Webcam didn't show up at all in device manager

4.) reluctantly pried the black trim ring loose from the top center right portion of screen (just used my fingernail)

5.) saw that INDEED the white cable end had pulled loose (just a bit) from the camera module

6.) stuck it back in with a non-conductive tool 

7.) heard famous USB "Kathunk!" sound and.... tada webcam light came on.

Thanks to those that pointed out that, yet again HP's quality assurance and build quality has really started to suffer greatly.

I have an old HP laptop (I mean really old) that you could literally hammer nails with and will live forever (albeit slow).  This one has been a constant headache since I bought it.  

HP Recommended

Hi muslu ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I'm sorry to inform you that your post has needed some editing to remove personal information such as the Serial Number in your Post. From our Rules of Participation:

Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.

If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.

Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.

Thank you,

George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKGz4lvYnhc Check this video. The fault is in the manufacturing of the computer, not the software. Your connector from the webcam to the motherboard has came loose and needs pushing back together. 

HP Recommended

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKGz4lvYnhc Check this video. The fault is in the manufacturing of the computer, not the software. Your connector from the webcam to the motherboard has came loose and needs pushing back together. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.