Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Great, my webcam is working now after reconecting the micstrip to webcam board. I´m so happy for your help.

HP Recommended

friend please help me to how i restore back to manufacturer?

HP Recommended

friend i am having the same problem as you.please help me to fix.how do i reboot, and restore back to manufacturer?please tell me instruction

thank you

HP Recommended

This is how I solve my problem when the inbuilt webcam is not visible in Device Manager or is not visible to any of the camera programs. I see the problem a couple of times per month always just after power on in the morning.

I did not find this solution in any of the HP WEBCAM troubleshooting pages.

There are no entries in the Windows Event Logs that indicates that the USB Enhanced Host Controller has a problem. I found the root cause(Code 43 error) by looking at the Properties (General Tab) of my PC's USB enhanced host controllers.

For my PC, this is always the cause and solution:

In Device Manager, the Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller Properties (General Tab) shows Device Status of "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".

Disabling and Enabling the USB Enhanced Host Controller device in Device Manager always solves the problem.

I run this VBSCRIPT via Task Manager "At Login" to warn me that the USB Enahnced Host Controller has a problem.

Dim objShell
strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set USBControllers = objWMIService.ExecQuery ("Select * From WIN32_USBController")
For Each objUSBController in USBControllers
    If objUSBController.Status<>"OK" then
        Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject( "WScript.Shell" )
        objShell.Run("devmgmt.msc")
        Set objShell = Nothing
        WScript.Echo "Error" & CHR(13) & CHR(13) & "USB Controller is not ready." & CHR(13) & CHR(13) & _
        objUSBController.Description & CHR(13) & _
            "Status=" & objUSBController.Status & CHR(13) & _
        "ConfigManagerErrorCode=" & objUSBController.ConfigManagerErrorCode
    End IF
Next

HP Recommended

After spending an entire day looking for a software solution, I now suspect my problem is the dreaded loose ribbon connector.  

If I squeeze the lid adjacent to the camera, it is detected. Obviously it is only just loose.  

I'll be getting it repaired by a certified repair company rather than risk me damaging it and I will be asking them to put a drop of superglue or locktite on it so it doesn't happen again. And I suggest HP consider the same when manufacturing future models ...     

I'm fairly sure that it has come loose because I tend to close the laptop and drop it, hinge side first, into a (well-padded) carry bag. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.