cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ajharris
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 50
Flag Post

Pavilion dv6 hp true vision hd inbuilt webcam not working with cyberlink youcam

HP Recommended

Has anyone actually found the real fix for this problem? I have updated drivers and even tried running with different software followed what i believe is all the suggested fixes but nothing seems to work. Very frustrated as the notebook is only 2 weeks old and partner who bought it for my bday is overseas for 6 more weeks!!!!

0 Kudos
49 REPLIES 49
Mar19Wan
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 50
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem here

when i open my webcam all i see is a dark screen

and bought this laptop before 1 WEEK

0 Kudos
hplapndeskz
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 50
Flag Post
HP Recommended

this is similar to the issue im havin, except dat my webcam always acts sluggish and blurry when is operating. anybody knows how to fix dat issue??

0 Kudos
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,838 772 4,463
Message 4 of 50
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ajharris and Mar19Wan

Hi,

Please check the links below:

Fixing Webcam Problems in Windows

Testing a Webcam using Your Favorite Instant Messenger

@hplapndeskz

Hi,

Check the link below:

Improper Lighting and Positioning Can Cause Problems with Webcam Facial-Tracking Function

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
wnich123
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 50
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same problems. Just bought it 2 days ago? any ideas??

0 Kudos
ncmiami
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 50
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Daniel,

I actually have the luxery of being able to compare, side by side, this new model (received a few days ago) and the same model simply a year and half older. So I can rule out any excuse given in "imporper lighting and positioning" as I have the exact same lighting, same internet connection, same environement EXCEPT the new model has an HP Truevision HD webcam and cyberlink software and the old model has different webcam software and the webcam is HP Truevision.

Additionally, I have updated all drivers and software. 

The comparrision between the old and new is night and day. The new webcam display is terrible. It's actually unusable. You can't make out any features of the person being videoed, any movement whatsoever blurs the person being videoed. Additionally, it looks like there is a graph of horizontal and vertical lines running up and down the screen. It really is terrible.  

I would post a pic but everytime I attempt to insert an image the popup hangs...

0 Kudos
loris760
4 4 0 1
Message 7 of 50
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I checked. is a hardware failure, my computer was under warranty, I replaced.

Bye

0 Kudos
rohitkumarbansa
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 50
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same problem here. I have bought Pavilion dv6 TrueVision HD one month ago. But I did not check its web cam. Two weeks ago when I start chating, then I came to know that Its webcam is not working properly.

Where as my friend's  2 years old Compaq Laptop is working  properly, wheather it is night or Low lighting conditions.

But my Hp dealer says that I have changed my camera settings. One thing more my TouchPad Light has stopped glowing.

What Should I do.

0 Kudos
loris760
4 4 0 1
Message 9 of 50
Flag Post
HP Recommended

in youcam go to enhance the current video settings then click on advanced, then click on camera control tab, make sure that you have check the exposure box at -5 and make sure that the low light compensation box is also checked, click apply, okay and it should work now

0 Kudos
miraclebob
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 50
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SOLUTION

Hi there i had this problem too and just got it two weeks ago. I was going to go back and return it tomorrow but just found a fix.

I have already updated drivers and bios and all that stuff but i just tried something else.

GO TO DEVICE MANAGER

UNDER SOUNDS, VIDEO, AND CONTROLLERS (or somethin like that)

UNINSTALL THE YOUCAM WEBCAM DRIVER.

THEN OPEN UP YOUCAM AND TEST.

Hey, it worked for me.

matt wilde

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation