cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Pavilion dv6302 RAM Upgrade

HP Recommended

I own a HP Pavilion Entertainment dv6302tu. I want to upgrade my RAM which is currently 1GB (2 X 512mb sticks). The system information says the current RAm is DDR2 533MHz. Does anyone know what is the largest and fastest RAM this notebook will take and what RAM specifications do I need to know. Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
123,190 113,371 18,258 27,874
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

I believe the maximum memory you can install in your notebook is 2x1GB DDR2 PC-5300 memory.

Specs on a 1 GB chip:

• Package: 200-pin SODIMM
  • Feature: DDR2 PC2-5300
  • Specs: DDR2 PC2-5300 • CL=5 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR2-667 • 1.8V • 128Meg x 64 •
  •  

About your HP Pavilion

Standard Configuration for HP Pavilion dv6302tu
    • What type of memory do I need?

Your HP Pavilion uses PC2-5300 type memory.

• What is the maximum amount of memory that I can add?

Your HP Pavilion can support up to 2GB of memory. For optimal performance install the maximum amount of memory in each socket.

• How much memory does my system have now?

Your system comes standard with 512MB/1GB of RAM.

What are banks and sockets?

A bank is a group of memory sockets. A socket is where a memory module is inserted. A bank can have one or more sockets.

One or more of the sockets in your system is already filled with memory. When you upgrade your system, you can either add memory to one of the open sockets and/or remove memory from a filled socket and replace it with a higher capacity memory module.

How many banks and sockets does my HP have?

Your HP Pavilion dv6302tu has 2 banks of 1 socket each for a total of 2 memory sockets.

Setup 1
    Bank 1 Socket 1
    Bank 2 Socket 2
    Paul
    0 Kudos
    ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
    † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation