cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
SamBam
Level 1
4 2 1 2
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion dv6t-6c00 Backlight Broken

The backlight on the LCD screen for my HP Pavilion dv6t-6c00 is out. The LCD itself is still working, since I can see faint shadows of the correct image on the screen when I examine it carefully by holding a bright light source up to the screen. Also, I can connect the computer to an external monitor successfully, confirming that there is nothing wrong with the video card/cables.

I have read, elsewhere online, people discussing similar problems with their HP dv6 laptops and suggesting that the problem is likely with the display's power inverter or backlight source, and not the display as a whole.

http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/279774-hp-dv6-6135dx-sudden-black-ultra-dim-screen

However, when reviewing the HP documentation on the hardware,

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03099531.pdf

I see no mention of a display power inverter, and I believe that my display is illuminated using an LED light source, not a CCFL bulb. In which case, are there no separate parts to the LCD display? If one thing goes bad (i.e. the light source), then the entire display must be replaced? Or are there separate components that can be replaced?

The theory of a single, modular, display unit is partly confirmed by the fact that I am unable to find replacement inverters and backlights for this model of laptop, compared to others I have seen. But I am still a little worried that if I simply replace the LCD unit, which I can find replacement parts for, maybe I am not replacing the correct broken part, if the problem is really just the power to the display's backlight.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
SamBam
Level 1
4 2 1 2
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion dv6t-6c00 Backlight Broken

Any help?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation