cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jaylveck Tutor
Tutor
10 6 0 4
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion dv7-7073ca with beats audio and the sound fluctuates up and down. Is there a fix for this?

I have a Pavilion dv7-7073ca with beats audio and the sound fluctuates up and down. All music sounds like crap on it. If someone is speaking on a dvd, their voice volume compresses and the volume decreases, then it decompresses and the volume increases.

I found something that told me to download SP57966 and install. I did that and I am still having sound issues. Beats Audio also doesn't work properly and will not let me save any personally created sound configurations.

I don't care so much about the saving configurations as much as i care about this volume problem. I bought this computer yesterday and it's already having an issue with the audio. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Associate Dean Associate Dean
Associate Dean
5,900 5,828 465 1,572
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion dv7-7073ca with beats audio and the sound fluctuates up and down. Is there a fix for this?

Hi

Please find the link given below might help you to fix your issue.

Resolving No Sound or Audio Problems in Windows 7

You could also try these steps given below.

Hi,

Try using Recovery Manager to reinstall the IDT HD Audio Driver ( this will also reinstall the Beats Audio interface ) - the procedure for using recovery manager to reinstall Software and Drivers is detailed in the document on the link below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01868333

After the reinstallation has completed, restart the notebook.

When windows has fully reloaded, use Recovery Manager to reinstall HP Quick Launch Buttons.  Again, when this has completed ,restart the notebook.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
0 Kudos
Beats25 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a dv6-7010us and have the same problem.  I use my laptop to create music and record vocals onto, and to have the sound fluctuate as much as it does just drives me crazy. The sound is the whole reason I bought this laptop, the beats audio.  Beginnings of songs and fadeouts are the worst.  The sound is all over the place.  I downloaded the new drivers, twice now, with no fix.  I've done just about everything I've seen online and it's still doing the same garbage. 

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
22 20 0 4
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem, and this did NOT fix the issue!

Edit:  I would give you negative kudos if I could.  I have seen hp reps post this as a solution way too many times.  THIS DEFINITIVELY DOES NOT FIX THE ISSUE!

Highlighted
jaylveck Tutor
Tutor
10 6 0 4
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi just to let you know, after following the steps you suggested, the sound once again fluctuated as soon as I opened Beats Audio again. The Beats Audio program needs to be fixed. Something in that program is causing this sound problem. I would request that you guys investigate this further.

As well, when I installed those programs again, the sound seemed to be fine. But as soon as I opened Beats Audio again, that's when the sound problems began again.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation