cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
pencars
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Pavilion g series laptop pluged in but not charging

HP Recommended

Hi,My laptop details :-

(»HP Pavilion g6-1130tx Notebook PC
Serial Number:[Personal Information Removed]
Product Number: QG416PA)

Running windows 7

It says plugged in - not charging -  0% available.

I have tried several suggestions but nothing seems to work. I did a battery test and it says I have no power in the battery but that may be because it is not charging and therefor I may not need a new battery??

I have uninstalled ACPI complient control method battery  and also acpi fixed features button but it is still not charging after they reinstall .

The laptop only works when it is plugged into ac power.

Hope someone can help as I am running out of options!

Dave

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
TwoPointOh
Retired
Retired
10,400 10,963 247 595
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi pencars. Here is the document which is used to troubleshoot this issue. Go through all of the steps you can, and let me know the results. It may very well be a battery issue, in which case you can contact support for your replacement options.

Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00259897

HP technical support: 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

pencars
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Terry, I have done the tests and it seems to be the battery.

I have just been told that the battery should be discharged at least once a week but I mainly leave mine plugged into the mains power. HP should tell it's customers about this.

Dave

0 Kudos
TwoPointOh
Retired
Retired
10,400 10,963 247 595
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply pencars. If you can mark my post as Accepted Solution others in the community can find it easier.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation