cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
shanasue3
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion g4 laptop recovery not working

I am trying to recover a laptop that crashed using the recovery disks that I purchased from HP. The recovery manager gets 85% finished with the first step in the factory image recovery preparations and then gives me the following error:

Copy File Fails

To: C:\RM\Image\BASE.SWM

Press OK to rety.

When I press okay it freezes. Following is the info from my laptop:

Serial: 5CD1446HLQ

Product:QE041UA#ABA

Model: g4-1229dx

Thank you for any help you can provide.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Level 17
Level 17
44,688 38,145 3,341 14,039
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Enter BIOS setup by tapping/holding the F10 key immediately after powering on the laptop.Use Diagnostics to test your hdd.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
shanasue3
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help - I tried this but before it finished testing my hard drive it came up with the following message:

Hard Disk 1 Quick (303)

{OK}

I hit okay and it goes back to the original screen.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation