Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Message 1 of 6 (2,843 Views)
Accepted Solution

Pavilion upgrade driver conflict?

Product Name: Pavilion dv6700
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

Good day my most knowlegeable HP friends! I again come to you with a bit of a quandry concerning a laptop computer of a friend of mine. She has an HP Pavilion dv6700. It is presently running Win. Vista. I am going to format the HD., and install a fresh, activated version of WIn. 7 Ultimate. My question is: although I have found most if not all of the drivers needed listed in the "drivers download" section, I want to know for sure if there will be any conflict with the drivers in the new O.S.? Any opinions? Thanks again, for any response of your most "wise" knowlege!

TFL

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Pavilion upgrade driver conflict?

Hi:

I have a dv6700 (dv6810us) and run W7 x64 on it just fine.

The only thing I can't confirm works is the microphone and webcam.  My dv6700 does not have a webcam and I have never tested the microphone.

Most of the Vista drivers will work on W7.

You can also refer to this helpful guide at the link below...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/Windows-7-Upgrade-Guide-for-dv6000-dv9000-models/m-p/179816/highlight/true#M27234

View solution in context
Highlighted
Provost
Message 2 of 6 (2,825 Views)

Hi:

I have a dv6700 (dv6810us) and run W7 x64 on it just fine.

The only thing I can't confirm works is the microphone and webcam.  My dv6700 does not have a webcam and I have never tested the microphone.

Most of the Vista drivers will work on W7.

You can also refer to this helpful guide at the link below...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/Windows-7-Upgrade-Guide-for-dv6...

Intern
Message 3 of 6 (2,814 Views)

WOW! Paul, thanks for the REALLY speedy reply! Great to know. My son's girlfriend will be pleased to get rid of Vista, in favor of Win. 7 Ultimate. I will load the drivers, and updates for her, and I am sure things will work out FINE!! Have a "peachy" day!!

(LOVE this FORUM!!)

Tom L

Provost
Message 4 of 6 (2,811 Views)

You're very welcome, Tom.

The only glitch you will run into that I can think of is that you have to manually install the Vista driver for the graphics as it will produce an unsupported operating system error when you run the exe file.

Form the update driver window for the graphics adapter, just browse to the driver folder that was created (C:\SWSetup\sp#####) when you ran the file, and make sure the include subfolders box is checked, and the graphics driver should install.

Intern
Message 5 of 6 (2,797 Views)

Thanks again Paul, will do!

TFL

Provost
Message 6 of 6 (2,793 Views)

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation