Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (382 Views)

Pavilion x2 10-n154na detachable won't turn on

Product Name: Pavilion x2 10-n154na
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I bought this at the end of August, as something to use when I was away from home. Took it away in Sept, all worked fine, til one day I tried to turn it on and it wouldn't. Eventually got it to work by holding down the power key. Now it's intermittent: sometimes works fine, sometimes takes repeated attempts, sometimes I have to hold it down and get the CMOS message. Any ideas how to fix this?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (349 Views)

Re: Pavilion x2 10-n154na detachable won't turn on

Hey there! @KayPeaBee

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand that your laptop turns on intermittently.

Please try performing a hard reset. 

To perform a hard reset on a computer with a sealed or non-removable battery, use the following steps:
Turn off the computer.
Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
For most notebooks, press and hold the Power button for 15 seconds to reset. 
Plug the AC adapter back into the notebook computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.
After reconnecting each of the peripheral devices, run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all device drivers. See Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8) and Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7) for more information.

Update BIOS for your laptop using this link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77001-77500/sp77409.exe

Also refer this article to troubleshoot no power issues: http://hp.care/2bFK5H0

Let me know if this works!

Cheers! :)

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (332 Views)

thanks for the suggestion. Here's what happened:

1) couldn't do the hard reset as stated. As this is a 2in1, it's OK starting up without the AC adapter. I did hold the power button in for 15 seconds, but it started powering up as soon as I replaced the adapter.

2) Windows updates are bloatware. I only have 29Gb on the hard disk and 21Gb is already used. I ran the update but it needed more space than I had available, so aborted it.

3) HP support assistant states new updates are required.

4) I haven't tried the BIOS update yet.

Can I choose which drivers to install?

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (323 Views)

Hi! @KayPeaBee, thanks for the response.

Thanks for performing the troubleshooting steps. I'm happy to know that your laptop is powering on now.

You can choose the drivers that you need to install on your laptop using HP support assistant.

HP support assistant should install BIOS if there is a newer version available.

Hope this answers your query!

Cheers! :)

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation