Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mymartind35 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion zd7020us update bios after windows 7 install

HP Pavilion zd7020US
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I bought a laptop installed with Windows 7 OS.  It was a clean install.  The battery isn't recognized by windows support assistant and I need sme help.  This laptop eats a battery in 45 minutes.  It has 2, count 'em, two new batteries.  Neither will get near an hour.  I have done a soft restart.  Deleted the product in Device manager and restarted it with the battery to no avail.  I need your help.  I cleaned the connections with a real light sandpaper.  Nothing has worked.  What do I do?

Info:  3.0ghz/2048mb(2gig ram)60 gig Win 7 Home premium.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
mymartind35 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion zd7020us update bios after windows 7 install

I also turned off all the bloatware.  Killed everything in startup, that wasn't needed. Did the same in Device manager.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation