Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
12 8 0 0
Message 11 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi erico,

no I have just tried that and no joy with that either.....

thanks for staying with me

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,310 41,558 4,541 11,925
Message 12 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is your notebook still in warranty?

Best regards,

erico 

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to find the product number

#HelpStopTheSpread
#PracticeSocialDistancing

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
12 8 0 0
Message 13 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No the warranty has expired 😞

ARGH

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 14 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trying a startup without RAM or disk drive and in both cases unable to access BIOS leads to a failure of the notebook's systemboard.  

I know it is bad news.

Best regards,

erico 

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to find the product number

#HelpStopTheSpread

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
12 8 0 0
Message 15 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi erico,

Thanks again for your help !!

So what is your take on this ? The DVD tray works, all lights on the machine are as normal except the HD light. The fan is working.

All was fine yesterday, I merely powered it up this morning and found this situation.

What would you suggest next ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 16 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It looks like a junction where you have a choice of having the systemboard replaced or replacing the notebook.

My take on it is If the cost of having a systemboard replaced exceeds half the current value of the notebook it is probably time to replace it.  It is your notebook, your money and your own choice.Sorry I couldn't give you better news.

Best regards,

erico

I am not an HP Employee.

#HelpStopTheSpread

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
12 8 0 0
Message 17 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okey dokey erico, not the news I wanted 😞

Thanks again for all the time and trouble you've taken over this,

All the very best

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 18 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

It is unfortunate I was unable to give you good news. I am glad I was able to help guide you through the troubleshooting. You do have a good hard disk and CPU.

Best regards,

erico

I am not an HP Employee.

#HelpStopTheSpread

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation