cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
chocthornton
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Pavillion dv2000 Constantly Crashes After Startup

HP Recommended

My HP Pavilion dv2000 laptop running Vista is crashing every time on start up. It has always taken a while to get past the login screen and the screen goes black for a while but eventually it has loaded and worked. Now sometimes it doesn't load at all. When it does load, clicking anything makes it crash. Totally locks up and you can't do anything about it. If I click the start menu, it appears transparent and theres nothing there, and the Laptop crashes again. I've managed to get it running in safe mode and disabled a few programs at startup but i've no idea what to do now as the problem still exists. I've not installed any hardware recently, although a few days ago I installed Steam but have used it fine for a couple of days.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation