cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavillion dv9000, Control Key is stuck

The system will boot up and run on any point & click. When I try to type anything in any program I get the message" you are holding the control key down, do you want to open the progeam in safe mode?"  I open it in safe mode or regular mode and still get single ping and error message.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 12
4,535 4,502 384 1,083
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you checked both Ctrl keys to verify that they're not stuck?   Have you ever spilled anything on your keyboard?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Keys don't appear to be stuck. Did anyone ever find a fix?

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation