cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
scuzz419 Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 0
Message 11 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavillion dv9500 WON'T START

After everything I went thru with HP, I finally just bought a new laptop (an Asus - luv it!!!).  I never did try the oven trick, I was too scared too.  Now, I have one huge ass paper weight!!!  And, will NEVER buy HP again.  I've relayted this message to friends, coworkers, and family as well.

Btw, I hear there is a class action lawsuit against NVIDIA for certain models relating to DV 9xxx (unfortunately, the DV 95xx isn't on the list).  You ALL may want to check it out as I have plenty of people I know that have the DV model bought between 2006-2007....

0 Kudos
Whymenow Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 12 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have had the same problem as all of you guys.  I purchased back in October of 2007 and had the privelge of lasting until April of 2009 before my laptop was unable to turn on and just turned black with some squiggly lines.  I called support and they told me to turn the computer on and hit F10 continuosly.  I think I spent about an hour on the phone with them before I decided to bite the bullet and send it in for service.  $435, a new motherboard, and a week later I thought I was done with the issue.

WRONG!!!!!  Same thing happened two days ago.  I will NEVER buy another HP product again!  I am telling everyone and their motherboard to stay away from HP.  I called customer support again to see if there was anything that could be done.  NOTHING....absolutely NOTHING.  Just for kicks I decided to open up a case number.  I'm no genius, but I do know simple math and there were 23 million cases opened up since I last called in April of 2009.  This is robbery.

NEVER buy an HP!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
kymoon Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 13 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey

Mine dv9500 has went out this is the second time due to motherboard...replaced it first time $185.00 second time i am going to send it to rebootit.biz they have a fix for the video card from overheating and killing out the motherboard.Seems like navidia knew this issue but they have punked us out.I will never buy HP again. The shop i took it to has HP's every where in their shop this is a problem that every one is having! Do not buy an HP unless you like throwing money away, they will not admit it because it lowers their Wall Street performance thus lowering their profits! The guy at the repair shop recommends buying SONY has only had one in the shop in  years so guess what yep got a SONY on the way stop the violence refuse to buy HP!

0 Kudos
aymoo2 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 14 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This idea sounds very unreal Oven stuff ......

Am having similar problem with dv9500.....any successful solution please.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
marktrampota Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 15 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, is the purpose of the bake out for posible humidity issues or something else...hysterisis? why not cold?
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation