cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Crystal100t
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Pavillion dv9700 networks

HP Recommended
My laptop was working fine one day, then the internet goes out. I called the company and is sending someone out after we did all the tests. It has caught my attention that My wireless switch is permanetly on orange and there are no wifi networks to pick up. So instead of having my linksi globe to pick up signals it automatically is expecting to receive from the ethernet and has the box with the plug symbol. I went into network connectiins and it just has local area connection to choose from. Please help. Did the wireless card burn out? Or what should I do since my laptop is now offline?

One more thing when I start up my computer for about a month since I got the internet I have to press escape first for it to start up. Does that have something to do with it? Other wise the screen will just stay blank
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
127,786 117,964 19,189 29,331
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The motherboard connection to the wireless card burned out.

Happens all the time on the dv6000/dv9000 notebooks.

Your wireless card is fine, but useless with no power to it.

If you want to keep using the notebook until the rest of the motherboard quits, then you will need to purchase an external usb wireless network adapter.

Next things to go will be the video, audio, and the dvd drive will disappear one day.

Not necessarily in that order.

0 Kudos
Crystal100t
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
So why is the ethernet not working either then? I trouble shooted and it said there was a problem with my coprocessor.
0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
127,786 117,964 19,189 29,331
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you install the chipset driver?

That installs the coprocessor, but it also installs the wired network controller driver.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-55781-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

If that driver is installed, then your motherboard is probably more far gone than I anticipated.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation