Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Pavillion g6 power plug light blink but computer won't turn on

HP Recommended
g6-2231ec
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

Hi i have a issue with my  HP Pavilion g6-2231ec. I used it without battery because battery is dead, just power connector.  Notebook works normaly but on a next day it won't turn on. It only blink one time near power plugin. When pressing the power button the button light doesn't even light.

I tried to test it with friend power adapter but won't turn on. But we tried to get battery to it (without adapter), and everything works. I decided to change power DC Jack Power Cable and it doesn't help. It is the same. I don't understand what's wrong. Thanks for reply.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,392 2,275
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @PatrikSkunda,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I see that  you have followed all the basic troubleshooting steps to isolate the problem. In this scenario, I would suggest this to be a hardware failure either with the port or with the motherboard.

I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for available service options. Please visit Contact HP and fill in the product details to get the tech support number. 

If the unit is under warranty, then the issue will be covered by the manufacturer's warranty ideally. Otherwise, please contact HP or local a technician  to get the unit serviced. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you require any further assistance.

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues.
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.
Both icons are below this post.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation