Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Wired1 Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Pci device and unknown device drivers

Inspiron 15-f014wm
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I just reinstalled my win8.1 and now i can't find 2 drivers.  It is listed under the "Other Device" section in the device manager.  The first is the "PCI Device" and the other is "Unknown Device"  Can anyone give me a direct link to these drivers?  I have searched everywhere. The hp website don't list them and when i try to contact them, i can't cause my warranty went out last month. So they want to charge me a fee for some drivers.  You would think customer service would be better than this.  Oh well, someone please help me find them. Thanks

3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
70532 8477 18225
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post

Hi,

Please use following instructions to get missing hardware id's then post back:

http://www.wikihow.com/Find-Hardware-ID

I think the first one is the card reader but no idea about the second one that why we need their hardware id's.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Wired1 Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post

Thanks for the help. i was able to get more details on what the device manager was saying with your link and i found the drivers.  Thanks again :D

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
70532 8477 18225
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post

Hi,

You are welcome

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation