cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mztamcarr
1 1 0 0
Message 21 of 45
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pease help!! battery issue. "plugged in, not charging"

This worked for me too, I have an hp620, but now after battery check it's telling me to calibrate it, which I did and it says Calibrate (20) ?? can anyone help with this, I have done the calibration 2x, once in basic mode and once in advance mode. when my computer wasn't charging I tried everything like 3 and 4 times, even this, I must have been doing something wrong cause it finally worked.  But now it's finally charged at 100%.

0 Kudos
ImLoved07
1 1 0 0
Message 22 of 45
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My laptop says plugged in not charging and it started about 1 week ago. I thought it was the battery so I got a new battery but that wasn't the issue. I thought it was the charger so i plugged in with my back up charger with is brand new only used about 3 times and it wasn't the charger. Now I'm at a lost. I've tried many things. Take your battery out, unplug the AC power, cut it off and so on alot of things that I've seen work for many in the forums I've tried. Can anyone help me.

HP G72

0 Kudos
artfoil
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 23 of 45
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Many thanks. We had exactly this poroblem with a nearly new HP Pavilion dv7-6c43cl.

Wiped the compter power socket with a bit of paper. Blew it to remove any debris. 

Now working perfectly and charging trhe battery.

Again, thanks for this simple tip.

As this seems to be a common problem acroiss many computers, I don't see why the manufacturerts don'tr advise this simple fix first. Unless they think it's bad for the spares /repair business.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
P3RSI4
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 24 of 45
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, This worked for me

1.  Turnn laptop off, remoove battery, reinsert battery, plug the Charger, Charging starts (Orange light)
      But as soon as I start laptop, charging stops.

2. To keep the charging while using laptop, download and install HP Power Manager, during installation you will see laptop is charging again. Solved.
3. When you restart your laptop, same not charging occurs. To solve this just go into where HP Power Manager is installed, default path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Power Manager, select SCHEME.BAT, you will CHARGING. Place scheme.bat shortcut to desktop, and next time just use the short cut 😄

(sorry for bad English)

0 Kudos
artfoil
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 25 of 45
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your helpful reply ref the charging problems on HP computer.

I'll log your suggestion for future reference if the problem recurs. 

I this instance, I tried various suggested solutionbs, and the one that worked for us was the simpleast.

We wiped around the power input socket on the laptop with a rolled-up piece of paper, and the machine immediately started charging perfectly. This was 3 months ago and it is still working fine. Unbelievable that this fixed it.

Again, thanks for taking the trouble to help.

Rgds

Steve   Artfoil

0 Kudos
sisan001
2 2 0 0
Message 26 of 45
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks the power drain worked like a charm.
0 Kudos
aby_sam
4 3 0 0
Message 27 of 45
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery is not charging. when disconnect ac adopter pc is sutteing down

0 Kudos
aby_sam
4 3 0 0
Message 28 of 45
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i am not able to rectify
0 Kudos
Collin_Horlamus
1 1 0 0
Message 29 of 45
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey I have a quick question regarding this method. I have an HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC and i am having problems with the "plugged in not charging" window. I tested your method with slowly turning the charger while plugged in, and the charger light on the computer stayed lit. Does that mean that this is a problem with the battery or the AC Adapter? Also i have another HP Laptop in my home and i switched out the AC adapters because they were compatible and the problem still seemed to persist. If you could get back to me on this i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you 😄

0 Kudos
artfoil
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 30 of 45
Flag Post
HP Recommended

By trying a different charger, you seem to have eliminated the charger as a fault.

The method which worked for us was:

Disconnect mains lead and switch off laptop.

Roll up a piece of paper, as a tube with same diameter as mains plug-in.

Push the paper tube into the socket and rotate it a few times.

Remove paper, plug in mains lead and power up laptop.

Hope this works as well for you as it did for us

This worked first time for us, and is still working perfectly 6 months later.

rgds

Steve  artfoil

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation