Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 1 (283 Views)

Photosmart C309a out of paper lock up problem

System: Windows7 - 64 bit OS

Photosmart C309a printer is locked in an “out of paper” mode even when there’s paper in the tray.

Events leading up to the lock:

1-Printed a document without a problem.

2-Started to print a second document. Paper feed started, then stopped and the “out of paper” message came up. Checked tray and the sheet that was partially fed was the last sheet in the tray. Hit “ok” button and the partially fed page came out, but the indicator light was still on and paper was in the tray.

3- So I loaded more paper in the tray. The indicator did not go out. Tried to print again and could not. Then I cleared the print queue.

4-Went to the setup mode and successfully printed a printer report. Paper fed fine. Report was printed fine.

5-Tried to print my document again but could not – indicator still says out of paper.

6-Reset the printer: With printer on, unplugged the power plug from the printer, then unplugged the power supply from the power source, waited 30 seconds, re-plugged the power supply plug into the power source, then re-plugged the power plug into the printer. The status did not change. Successfully printed another print report. Repeated this step two more times.

Question: How do I fix this problem?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation