cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Domi_Nick Top Student
Top Student
3 2 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Please HELP: "No bootable image found, notebook will be shutdown" after performing SECURE ERASE

Hi everyone

I've got an elitebook-folio-9470m from HP and today I went into the BIOS SETUP (F10), then I went to "Security" and  and there I performed a  "Secure Erase" -> "Notebook Hard Drive" because I wanted to clean the SSD to install Windows 7 instead of pre-installed Windows 8. After a reboot, I keep getting the error: "No bootable image found, notebook will be shutdown" :HalfEyes:

I've tried to select USB Drive as boot-option number one because I have a bootable Windows 7 Image on my USB-Stick and I've even tried with Windows 8 on a bootable USB Stick. I can't get the machine to boot from the USB-Drive to instal Windows. This drives me really mad because I've never experienced troubles like this, and I've installed Windows many times on many different machines.. :indifferent:

So if anyone could help me it would be much appreciated! :generic:

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Domi_Nick Top Student
Top Student
3 2 1 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Please HELP: "No bootable image found, notebook will be shutdown" after performing SECURE ERASE

Now I've managed to create a recovery usb stick with my desktop-pc and I could start from this recovery usb stick on my HP laptop, but I can't repair Windows, because it says:  "Hard drive locked, unlock hard drive first"

But there is no option to unlock the hard drive!? :indifferent:

Could anyone please tell me: How can I install Windows 7 on this machine??

0 Kudos
Domi_Nick Top Student
Top Student
3 2 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

:smileyhappy:Ok here is the solution I got from HP Support:

Go to BIOS Setup F10, select System Configuration, deactivate "Secure Boot", then select "Legacy" as "Boot option". Save and restart, now you're able to boot from a bootable Usb-Stick.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation