Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ArijitB14 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Please Help me To Identify which port is USB 3.0 port HP Compaq 15-s001TU (G8D87PA)

Hello Experts,

Today I received my HP Compaq 15-s001TU (G8D87PA) laptop. First of all thanks to HP & Manufacturer for creating this beautiful product. It looks absolute stunning after opening the box. I opted out for Free Dos version which is equivalent to no OS.

Anyhow I using it past 7 hours with latest version of Ubuntu 14.04 - 1 LTS and experinced is great. But I can't able idenitfy which USB port is USB 3.0 among all availble USB ports. In this model there are three USB ports available - two situated at right hand side beside DVD drive and one situated at left hand side beside LAN port and all are in Black colour.

Now the litarature bundled with this laptop is very in sufficent, So if any one able to let me know which one is USB 3.0 it will be very much helpful.

Thanks for the Help.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
12987 12923 1689 4365
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Please Help me To Identify which port is USB 3.0 port HP Compaq 15-s001TU (G8D87PA)

@ArijitB14 wrote:

Hello Experts,

Today I received my HP Compaq 15-s001TU (G8D87PA) laptop. First of all thanks to HP & Manufacturer for creating this beautiful product. It looks absolute stunning after opening the box. I opted out for Free Dos version which is equivalent to no OS.

Anyhow I using it past 7 hours with latest version of Ubuntu 14.04 - 1 LTS and experinced is great. But I can't able idenitfy which USB port is USB 3.0 among all availble USB ports. In this model there are three USB ports available - two situated at right hand side beside DVD drive and one situated at left hand side beside LAN port and all are in Black colour.

Now the litarature bundled with this laptop is very in sufficent, So if any one able to let me know which one is USB 3.0 it will be very much helpful.

Thanks for the Help.

Go through Page 6 & 7 in this HP 15 Notebook PC Compaq 15 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide

The left side lone USB port is the 3.0 one

Regards,

I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for, nor represent HP

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
Grad Student
Grad Student
236 234 21 72
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Visruth is correct and should be marked as the solution.

Just to clear things up a little further:

The "standard" for USB 3.0 is the inside is blue in color

USB 3.0 is usually marked with USB symbol preceeded by "ss"

You will only get USB 3.0 through-put when using:

a USB 3.0 capable device

a USB 3.0 cable

You can use USB 2.0 cable in a USB 3.0 connector as the port is compatable and will run at 2.0 speeds.

Regards,

Louis

Provost Provost
Provost
12987 12923 1689 4365
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Yes, what DecTech-- suggested is the best & easiest way to find the 3.0 port,

Thanks for the really good suggestions :)

Regards,

I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for, nor represent HP

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation