Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Emma16 Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 0
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please Help with factory reset windows 10

15-af126na
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
I've been trying to get it to factory reset with no luck

I turned laptop on and it said automatic repair then changed to diagnosin problem and didn't move for about an hour so tryed to reset

I've held the power button and f11, then troubleshoot, there's no option to reset so done system restore , that said there were no restore points , and took me to a new menu with the reset option I clicked that and it just stayed on that screen for hours
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Emma16 Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've been trying to reset my laptop for a few days and nothings happening help please
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
15819 15763 1463 3507
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Emma16

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about problems resetting your laptop and wanted to help -- but need more information.

According to the HP website for your model laptop, it only comes with 64-bit Win10 preinstalled.

So HOW did yours get 32-bit Windows on it?

We can proceed once you provide the information.

Thanks

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Emma16 Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Sorry it must be 64-bit I don't know anything about computers so I just asumed
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
15819 15763 1463 3507
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So OK, if this PC came with Win10 64-bit preinstalled, pressing F11 SHOULD work.  I have no idea why it is not working.

While this PC is still under warranty, you should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about diagnosing and repairing your machine remotely.

I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet and do the needed repairs.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

If you have trouble finding a phone number, then try: 1 (800) 474-6836

---------------------------------------
However, HP Customer Support is generally not available on the weekends, so you might have to wait until Monday to contact them.
---------------------------------------

Good Luck

0 Kudos
Emma16 Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you

I will try f11 again if it doesn't work I will ring them in the morning it was working fine until a couple of days ago
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 712 1901
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @Emma16, :)

Thank you for your inquiry. I grasp that you are trying to reset your notebook. Here are two links that should help you overcome this difficulty.

HP PCs - Microsoft Push-Button Reset (Windows 10)

HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10)

Please let me know how it went.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my efforts, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Emma16 Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for the help I phoned hp and found out it was the hard drive that's broken so it's booked on for repair
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
15819 15763 1463 3507
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well ... it's not good news ... but at least you now know what the problem is.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation