Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
purplenachos Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

'Please connect a higher capacity Smart AC adaptor'

HP 15-g094sa Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In relation to my HP 15-g094sa  notebook. I've been receiving this message for some time when I plug in my AC adaptor and have yet to find a fix for it despite much research, so I'm hoping someone may be able to assist. 

hhp.JPG

At the moment, I am able to charge the battery fully with the laptop switched off, and connected to the AC. I am able to use the laptop with just the battery inserted, or if the battery is removed but the AC adaptor is connected. If I use the laptop with AC adaptor and with battery is connected, this message shows up and the battery drains rather than charging. Interestingly enough, my mother owns the very same laptop and does not have this issue, but I was able to test my laptop with both her AC adaptor and her battery, however I still received the same message and encountered the same problems.  It does very very occasionlly, perhaps one in twenty times, work with both connected. And I've done a battery test using the HP Support Assistant which identifies the battery status as OK, however when AC is connected it seems to say that it isnt. Could anybody possibly advise me further? Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
8121 482 912
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

'Please connect a higher capacity Smart AC adaptor'

Greetings @purplenachos,

Welcome to HP Forums,

I see you are facing a concern with your computer giving a warning regarding the power adapter not supplying sufficient power to the computer. I would like to help. 

Recommend you to visit www.hp.com/drivers enter the product number and download and install the latest BIOS update for your computer. 

This should resolve the issue you are facing. 

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation