cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bluescorer
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please let me know how to access the D: Recovery Drive.

pavilion g6
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I understand that HP prefers you not access the 😧 Recovery Drive. But ever since I foolishly let MS  10 my laptop has been difficult to use. I may want to revert to an earlier version but that is another topic. I've set all the permissions for users, administrators etc. and still can't get in. The predication was Msert.exe and trojan dynamer!ac. i've read all the threads and know it is a false positive. So thank you for helping.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Level 15
Level 15
18,026 17,971 1,681 3,954
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bluescorer

Sorry for being the bearer of bad news, but Upgrading your PC most likely corrupted the HP Recovery drive, thus rendering any HP recovery now impossible.

So, if you're asking about accessing that drive to do a recovery, it's too late for that.

If your question is about handling a virus-infected PC, then this thread has some information: Solved: I think I have a virus what can I do? - HP Support Forum - 5595134

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
bluescorer
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WA Wood, thanks for the quick and informative response.

This is not a virus issue as stated, MS Defender is causing a false positive. But that is what caused me to look at the Recovery Drive (and other inaccessible drives).

I did try a recovery and, as you point out, there is nothing the system finds to recover from since installing Win 10.

So that brings us back to my original question: How do I access the drives blocked by HP? That is all I really need to do right now.

There are three marked a Recovery Drives. If they no longer serve that purpose why don’t I use the space for other needs? I can’t get to them.

Is it ok to format the drives if I can? And will doing so allow me to add that space to the C: drive?

Or should I purchase recovery disks and start over with Win 7?

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation