Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
devinlavelle Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Plugged in - Battery not charging

HP Pavilion 11-n010dx x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The battery indicator says "0% available (plugged in, not charging)"

I have run the battery diagnostic and it says that battery is fine. I have run the ac adaptor diagnostic and it says that is fine as well. I have updated the bios. I have uninstalled "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" and rebooted. I have also uninstalled it and updated immediately.

The battery is non-removable.

Anything else I can try?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
2785 144 326
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @devinlavelle,

Welcome to the HP Forums! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post and wanted to help. I understand that the battery indicator shows not charging, but battery test passed. Can you boot the laptop on battery without AC adapter plugged? Or it only can boot up while AC adapter is plugged in.

Keep me posted.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
devinlavelle Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No. The battery is empty. If it's unplugged it immediately cuts off.
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2785 144 326
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @devinlavelle,

Thank you for the quick reply!

It is better to contact HP Phone Support to arrange a repair.

Good luck,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation