Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (276 Views)

Plugged in Not charging

Product Name: HP OMEN Notebook PC15
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey Guys,

My HP Omen says plugged in, not charging. I have already tried to reset the computer, upgrade BIOS, and uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery. I tested power using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics and it said ok. I also tested HP battery check using HP support Assistant, it also said OK. I'm unable to remove the battery, so I'm kind of stuck. I'm also getting "Please connect a higher capacity Smart AC Adapter for full Performance", but I was getting that before and it still charged. There is white light next to AC Adapter when it's on and orange when it's off. The computer also seems to charge only when it's in sleep mode or fully shut down. I also got it to charge one time when the AC light flicker between orange and white when plugged in; however when I unplugged it I got back to plugged in and not charging. I'm also getting really low fps. Going from 200 fps to 10-20fps. I can make it go up to 40-60 when I unplug the computer and replug it, but I have to constantly unplug and replug whenever I play a new game.

Help please.

Thanks,

Ben

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (240 Views)

Re: Plugged in Not charging

Hey there! @Ben231, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are getting error plugged in not charging on your PC.

Use the following steps to check the power components for damage:
Unplug the power cord from the AC wall outlet.
Disconnect the DC connector from the computer.
Check the AC Adapter label to ensure it is labeled with HP logo.
Check the AC adapter and cords for physical damage or signs of overheating.
Check the DC connector pin on the computer to ensure the pin is not bent or broken.
Make sure there are no obstructions or any foreign material inside the DC connector and that the center ID pin is straight and not slanting inside the DC connector.
Visually inspect the tip of the AC adapter plug for damage.
Visually inspect the DC connector for damage.
Visually inspect the ID pin inside the AC adapter to determine if it is bent or not.

Verify the wall outlet is functioning

Disconnect and reconnect the power cord and AC adapter

Connect the AC adapter to the PC directly into a functioning wall outlet.

Perform a UEFI AC Adapter Test

Make sure the power cord and adapter are connected to the system and wall outlet.
Press and hold the power button until the computer turns off completely.
Turn on the computer.
Immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second, until the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI screen displays.
In the UEFI Main menu, select Component Tests.
In the Component Tests menu, select Power.
In the Power Tests menu, select AC Adapter.
Click Run once to start the test.
If the AC Adapter test is not available, update the UEFI version
If the test result is PASS, there is nothing wrong with the AC adapter. Do not replace it.
If the test result is FAIL, record the unique 24-digit failure ID code before replacing the AC adapter. 

Let me know if this helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead! :)

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation