Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AditiSharma Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Plugged in but not charging

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The laptop is plugged in and the little LED light is on. The laptop is currently at 8% and is working fine but the battery is not charging. Further, the fan inside the laptop has been working continuously for the past half an hour. I request you suggest me ways to take care of this myself as I have exams  right now and won't be able to take the laptop to a service center. My laptop is an i7 5th Gen with serial number [Personal Information Removed]

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
11293 1129 2458
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Plugged in but not charging

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you try to do  a system restore to before the problem started and check if the software causing the issue?

Also, you may consider running a battery calibration. 

This resource will be useful useful:

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

Let us know if that works!

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation