cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HammadRaza786
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Plugged in, not charging

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi, I initially had a problem when my battery was plugged in but it wasn't charging. Later on, after a few searches here and there, including on hp forums, I found a post that explained the problem. So, I followed the instructions in that post to the letter, and it worked. But not for long, I turned off the laptop at night and when I turned it on in the morning again, it displayed the same message, "Plugged in, not charging". I repeated the same steps and then it started to charge again, but then when I shut it down and turned it on again, it did the same thing. I can't keep doing this again and again, I need a permanent solution. I need to know if I need to replace the battery or something.

PS: The post I found a solution to my problem is, 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Plugged-in-not-charging-Batter...

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation