Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Angelabaron Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Plugged in not charging

Hp envy 15 x360 pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Hp envy 15x360 pc is plugged in not charging. After the bios upgrade it charged to 100% so i figured it was fixed and unplugged it. The battery drained and now is back to plugged in not charging. The battery does not deplete while plugged in. I have updated drivers, tried charging while shut down, and battery check says it's ok. I cannot download and install the bios upgrade a second time. I just did it yesterday. Please help as i cannot take the battery out and my warranty has expired.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
2840 2757 184 355
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Plugged in not charging

Hey @Angelabaron, 

Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from HP and the community!

I read your post on the HP Support Forums. I wanted to reach out to you and help! I understand that your HP ENVY 15 x360 Convertible PC is plugged in but it will not charge. 

Does your Notebook turn on?

Have you tried to do hardware testing?

Please make sure that the AC adapter cable is not plugged into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source. It should be directly into a wall outlet. 

Here are some documents to use for Troubleshooting Steps: 

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating.

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please just re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and include your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?). 

Thank you!

Have a great day! :)

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation