cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
imskumar Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Plugged in, not charging

15-r033tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It has been 3 months the battery is not getting charged. When I hover the mouse, it shows "Plugged in, not charging" And now the battery is not giving any backup at all. The moment I remove the AC Adapter, it turns off. I know it can be fixed by the Firmware update but I am not able to find any BIOS update on HP website.Please help me with this issue. 

Just give the steps and I will be doing the troubleshooting myself.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Intern
Intern
37 37 3 5
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Plugged in, not charging

Do you know if the laptop is still under warranty?

Here a few things to try:

1. Unplug the powercord from the outlet, wait a few minutes then plug it in a different outlet in a different room.

2.  Examine the entire length of the power cord for tears, dents, and worn-down insulation. If you notice any, or if the power brick is warped or smells like burnt plastic, the cord is probably faulty.

3. If the cord's attachment to your laptop wobbles or feels loose, there could be a problem with the connection. Unplug the cord, remove debris with a wooden toothpick, and remove heavy dust build-up with compressed air.

4. Shut down the computer, remove the battery, and plug the computer in. If the computer won't turn on, you probably need a new cord. If you can start it up again in this situation, the charging issue is probably due to the battery itself, or your computer's interaction with the battery.

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,243 4,159 562 1,261
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Plugged in, not charging

Hello imskumar,

Below is the BIOS update for your PC. Though it is released for WIN 8.1, it supports WIN 10 aswell

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/6875200/model/730...

Expand Fixes:  Provides support for Microsoft Windows 10.
- Changes the reserved battery level to 10% capacity. This allows a system that has experienced a Critical Hibernation event to power on after the battery recharges the reserved battery level of at least 10% capacity.

Step 01. Click on the Start Button

Step 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device Manager

Step 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the left

Step 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstall

Note: This Battery driver will get re-installed automatically when you restart the Notebook again

Step 05. Please Shutdown the Notebook

Step 06. Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power Adapter

Step 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 Minute

Step 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power Adapter

Step 09. Look for "Plugged In Charging" message on the Battery icon

Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

http://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c04700771

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos
imskumar Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Plugged in, not charging

Tried it, but the issue still persist. Now when I boot the system it gives error "The system has detected there storage Capacity of the battery stated below to be very low. For optimal performance this battery may need to be replaced."

Primary (internal) battery (601)
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
37 37 3 5
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Plugged in, not charging

The Battery storage capacity is the amount of energy the battery can store to power a portable device such as a notebook computer.

The lower the storage capacity of a battery, the shorter amount of time it can power a portable device. All rechargeable batteries gradually lose their storage capacity.

This loss in storage capacity (aging) is irreversible and cannot be restored. The maximum storage capacity of a new battery can be very different from the maximum storage capacity of a battery after one year of use.

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,243 4,159 562 1,261
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Plugged in, not charging

Hello imskumar,

If Primary (internal) Battery (601) appears in the alert message, it means the measured storage capacity of the primary (internal) battery is less than 25% of the original storage capacity. The number “601” denotes the associated error code that is recorded in the system log.

After seeing the first instance of an HP Battery Alert message, you should consider replacing your battery with a new battery soon.

Continued use of the battery could result in an unplanned system shutdown.

As per the unit specifications, your PC have 4-cell (41 WHr) Li-ion. Incase you decide to replace, here is the replacement part number - 4-cell, 41-Whr, 2.8-Ah Li-ion battery 740715-001

Unit Specification :http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/6875200/model/7308901/document/c0441033...

HP doesnt have the battery in stock as of now. Please try here :

https://www.amazon.com/HP-740715-001-Laptop-Battery-Premium/dp/B00X187T0M

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-for-HP-740715-001-746458-421-2600mah-4-Cell-/191465633645

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation