Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Tanglewood79 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Plugged in, not charging

HP Pavilion Notebook 15ab268ac

Hello,

I have a new (9 months old) HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab268ca.  I have used this computer very little as my last computer was still operating and I wanted to finish some projects off on it before moving to this new computer.  The computer was fine for the first few uses but now the battery is completely drained, I can only use it if it is plugged in to a power source.  When trying to charge the battery, which I can remove, it says: Plugged in, not charging.  

This has become discouraging.  I don't know how to fix this problem.  I'm not sure why a computer that is less than a year old and hasn't been used is doing this.  Since my computer is still under warranty I would like to see this problem fixed.  If someone from HP can contact me and let me know how to fix this or who I have to bring my computer to in order to have my warranty cover this, that would be greatly appreciated.  

This is the first time I've bought an HP product and I can honestly say it has been a frustrating process, especially after seeing that this has been a problem for the last few years, judging by other customer's comments.  I hope this can be fixed because I really do like everything this computer can offer, except that it's battery won't charge, rendering my laptop useless.  Thank you very much for your reply,

Michael

2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
13336 1252 2970
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Plugged in, not charging

Tanglewood79

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

You paid for free HP Tech Support as part of the warranty coverage, so you might as well make use of it.

While this PC is still under warranty, you should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about troubleshooting and repairing your machine remotely.

I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet and do the needed repairs.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

If you have trouble finding a phone number, then try: 1 (800) 474-6836

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Tanglewood79 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Plugged in, not charging

Thank you very much, I will do that
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation