Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (144 Views)

Plugged in, not charging

Product Name: Pavilion 15-p008ng
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I pressed the on button on my laptop and nothing happened, so I assumed the battery was low and plugged it in to charge. I'm just doing my work and i notice that the battery icon is empty when it should've been fully charged long back. I hover my mouse over it and it says 0% available (plugged in, not charging). I was so confused because this has never happened before and I've had my laptop for about a year now. The light next to where you insert the charger was white and was blinking. I pulled it out and my laptop immediately shut down. I plug it back in and it turns red, and a few seconds later white and then starts blinking again.

I've checked for solutions everywhere but I couldn't find anything that works. This is a real inconvenience as I'm unable to take my laptop to school. Please help!

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (117 Views)

Re: Plugged in, not charging

[ Edited ]

We need to have you check the health of the battery. Tap F2 as you power up to go into diagnostics and run the battery test to get a read on how many cycles and the strength of the cells. Likely you need a new battery. One year is not a normal lifespan but if used every day it is not unheard of. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation