Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BryanJackson Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 2
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Poor Audio quality using UltraSlim Docking Station with the EliteBook Folio 9470m

I just got 9470m and docking station last week, and I noticed that the audio quality is very poor (no bass and very little mid-range) when playing music while connected to the docking station which my Logitech 2.1 speakers are connected to. If I move the Logitech audio cord over from the docking station to the audio out jack on the laptop the sound is great, and if I can also reproduce the poor quality with a pair of good quality headphones.

There is no driver for the UltraSlim Docking Station, right?

I suspect an RMA is in my future.

Thanks,

7 REPLIES
Xavier_Boix Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Poor Audio quality using UltraSlim Docking Station with the EliteBook Folio 9470m

Same experience here, Revolve 810 with UltraSlim Docking. If I plug my headphones to the audio-out of the docking, the sound is really bad, if I do the same to the audio-out of the computer, the sound is good. To make things worse, the audio-out of the computer is located in a place that is covered completely by the docking station, therefore I have no option of plugging my headphones to the computer.

dcs0582 Tutor
Tutor
14 2 1
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, between this and the corrupt video post, I'm not nearly as excited about the UltraSlim dock I have on order for my 840 G1. Hope a solution is found soon.
0 Kudos
Master's Graduate Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
784 34 78
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you have received the new version of the UltraSlim dock, with 3 video out ports, then make sure you update the f/w to version 2.20. If fixes issues with displayport connected displays and might also have an effect on the audio issue. I would also recommend you update the BIOS, audio, and graphics drivers on the 9470m. Best tool for this purpose is the HP Softpaq Download Manager (www.hp.com/go/sdm). Only update BIOS and drivers

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
dcs0582 Tutor
Tutor
14 2 1
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi soccer_dan,

I also work for HP but not PPS.  I'm not sure which version of the dock I'm getting because it's been on backorder for weeks.  Sandy says I'm supposed to get it early August.  Not holding my breath.  The HP Product # is D9Y32AA#ABA.

I hope the driver and firmware updates do the trick.  I have a killer set of Klipsch speakers and sub that I use in my home office, and I'd hate to deal with subpar sound from the dock.  They do just fine using the audio out on the recent EliteBook 840 G1 refresh.

Life is too short for crappy audio.

Cheers,

Jim

0 Kudos
MMLuqman Top Student
Top Student
1 0 2
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi,

first of all, thank you very much for your post. I experienced the same problem (poor sound quality when plugged in to dock and good sound quality when plugged in to the audio port on elitebook). It was encouraging to see that i am not alone, who is experiencing this problem ...

In my case, I tried to install/uninstall (audio drivers), tried to update audio, bios, graphics, firmware etc. In short all install/uninstall possibilities that i could think of. But nothing worked for me :smileysad:

finally, I decided to stop using the audio jack on dock station. It was this which helped me ... 

yes, i my case if i keep the audio jack little bit out of the audio port (not fully pugged in), i get a good sound quality. So the trick that seems to be working for me is not to plug-in the audio jack fully on the dock station :-)

just wanted to share, with a hope that i will be useful for some one ... some day ...

good luck !

bugdoctor Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am using the latest version of the ultraslim docking station (2013) and facing the same issue. When the headphone is fully plugged in, the sound quality is poor (hollow). The sound from the laptop itself and its audio port is as expected. The machine came with a B&O sound enhancer. I have tried installing, and uninstalling the B&O and also toggled it on/off but the sound from the docking station does not improve. 

The only solution is to not plug the headphones all the way in. 

0 Kudos
BalazsKollar Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same issue with D9Y19AV#ABB and EliteBook G4 X3V00AV

No firmware update for docking station...

Any advise please?

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation