Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Probook 650 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a Probook 650 G2 or a 640 G2, in combination with a standard 90W docking station. I plan on using 3 displays: 2 external (hooked up via vga/dvi) and the internal laptop display. Can these 3 screens be used simultaneously? In the past, the Intel graphic card only allowed to use 2 displays. The new Intel DH 520 chipset should allow 3 screens. Can anyone confirm please?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Unfortunately it isn't really about the chipset. It can be done via the operating system.

You may be able to use two external display devices fomr the ports on the notebook, depending on the configuration you have selected to have it delivered with.

You can use a docking station in order to use two external displays with your notebook.  See the following example

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/z---categories-for-promotions/kensington-usb-30-docking-station-with-d...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

The answer is yes. The HP ProBook 650 G2 supports up to 3 displays. Without purchasing a UltraSlim dock, you can connect a vga monitor and a displayport monitor directly to the laptop and both will work. if you need a different connection from the displayport, HP has inexpensive adaptors to convert dp-vga, hdmi, and/or dvi.

With the ultraslim dock, the laptop will support 3 external monitors (display closed). the dock has 2 displayport ports and a vga port

hope this helps

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

I am trying to use two external monitors in addtion to the notebook one on my HP ProBook 640 G2 notebook and HP UltraSlim Dock 2013  and Windows 7 Pro

But so far the system is not able to detected the second external monitor.

Any help on the steps I need to follow to achieve my objective will be highly appreaciated

Thanks,

Kis007

HP Recommended

please provide details on what you are connecting and how

also, please run HP Image Assistant (www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement) and do the updates it suggests.

Finally, make sure you update the Ultraslim dock firmware to version 2.30

HP Recommended

thank you for your feedback

i can't find Ultraslim dock firmware to version 2.30 anywhere

will you please tell me where I can download it from?

thanks,

kis007

HP Recommended

@soccer_dan

The OP could use some help with finding the firmware upgrade that you referenced.  I took a look and I see what he meant about not being able to find it. 

I have no idea as to whether the UltraSlim dock 2013 is a Consumer or an Enterprise product.

The following HP URL is where the OP is likely to have looked for a firmware download. http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5449552&lang=en&cc=us

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

The UltraSlim dock is a business/commercial (not consumer) dock. The latest firmware is available from

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7815295&swItemId=ob_165723_1&swEnvOid=419...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.