Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SmithPhoto Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Power/battery/Adapter issue

HP 17-G126DS
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a refurbhsed Pavillion 17-G126DS.  I charged the notebook upon delivery.  The charging light on the computer by the AC adapter input was red when I first plugged it in, then turned white - assuming the battery is fully charged.  I unplugged the AC adapter and turned the computer on.  It worked fine for about an hour.  Then, the computer turned off.  Nothing.  No light on the power on button, nothing.  I plugged the AC adapter on, thinking the battery was old, tried to run the laptop off of AC power, and nothing happened. 

I have run the diagnostic on the battery (PASSED) and the adapter (PASSED).  Just today, I tried it again.  The battery has been charging, the white light is on, turned on the computer, and, when plugging in the adapter, the computer turned off and the battery light shows red.  The computer will not turn on.

Should I get a new  AC adapter?

Thanks!

Susan

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1900
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Power/battery/Adapter issue

Hi @SmithPhoto,

Welcome to the HP Forum! Thank you for becoming a HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others. For you have the best experience, here is a link for you to review, should you have any concerns: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More 

I grasp that you purchased a refurbished notebook. You connected the AC adapter and the charging light on the computer by the AC adapter input was red when you first plugged it in, then turned white. Assuming the battery was fully charged.you unplugged the AC adapter and turned the computer on.  It worked fine for about an hour. Then the computer turned off.  No light on the power button, nothing. You plugged the AC adapter in, thinking the battery was old and tried running the laptop off of AC power but there was no response. You ran diagnostics and both the battery and AC adapter passed. While you were connected to power, the notebook shut down, the light was red and it would not start again. Did the notebook feel hot when this happened? HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating. Are you connecting directly to an outlet and not using a power bar / surge bar? Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Using the AC Power Adapter. If you check the connection on the notebook, does the pin appear bent or damaged?  Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10) that may also help. Please let me know the result.s

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs Up” below!  :)  If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation