cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Jay101010 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Power button temperamental following water damage

Hello -

My child vomited over my HP Pavillion laptop - over the power on button and keyboard below it, I was using the compuer at the time and after a 30 seconds an error message (blue screen) come on. Then the laptop shut down.

I cleaned it, and let it try in a humid room. The laptop then would not turn on at all, it seemed to be charging normally  the blue light comes on when the power adapter is in.

I reasearched what to do next - the advice was to trial using the battery alone, and hey presto for some reason it works but not all the time, it switches on occassionally and works as normal.

When I try to just use the power supply it does not swich on at all.

Any advice or thoughts as to what it wrong?

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
16118 16062 1492 3573
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Jay101010

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about power button problems after water damage and wanted to help.

Wish I had good news for you, but I don't.  You can try following these instructions to see if anything helps:  You Just Spilled Water Or Coffee On Your Laptop - Here's What You Should Do

But in the case, which is nearly always, in which nothing there helps, your only real recourse is to take (or send) the laptop to an HP Service Center to have then disassemble it to determine the extend of the water damage and what it will take to restore it to working condition.

Here is some information on the Service Centers: HP Notebook PCs - Using a Certified HP Service Center to Repair a Notebook PC | HP® Customer Support

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Jay101010 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WAWood,

Thankyou for taking the time to respond. I will call customer support tomorrow.

Oddly the laptop switched on - and the battery lasted almost 6 hours, however when I turned it off the power on button did not go off.

I am keen to know the costs of repair - to be honest given the cost of a new laptop it may not be worth even sending off for repair.

Regardless I will contact then as per your advice and see.

Thanks again
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation