cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Wallyh57 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Power connection ribbon

HP 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP 15 laptop (15-g014dx) that had/has a cracked back cover and bezel. I was replacing the bad parts with what I had purchased which did not match exactly to I was trying to get to hinge screws on case. Anyway in the processs of taking this apart I had to remove the ribbon from the power connection. I figured it was a pinned connection so I was surprised when I pulled the ribbon slide right out and the pin connector was still plugged in. Anyway I took the little black plastic connector that pluges into the 4 pin connector to put the ribbon back but lostit in the process. Can I order on of those 4 pin connectors? How does that ribbon make connection by just sliding under my missing part?

Thanks in advance for your time and knowledge

Wally

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation