cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Jennbk1
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

Power light blinking

HP Recommended
Hp stream 11
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
I just got a hp stream 11 & it won't turn on & the power light is blinking.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
ChrisT
Level 6
Level 6
559 537 28 100
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

How many times does the LED blink?  You can get information about blink codes here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674#AbT2

-Chris

I work for HP.
0 Kudos
Bruce_T
Level 5
Level 5
177 175 10 56
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Jennbk1... I'm sorry you're having this problem with your Stream 11.

Please refer to the "Notebook battery power LED blinks" section of the PC Startup troubleshooting pages.  Is the power LED blinking without the AC Adapter plugged in?  If so, you may just have a very low battery.  If you believe that this shouldn't be the case, you can plug the AC Adapter in and power up the unit to check the battery.  You can either do this through PC Diagnostics (hit [F2] or [Esc] when powering on the unit), or by booting to Windows and running HP Support Assistant.

I hope this helps.  Good luck!

DISCLAIMER: I am an HP employee, but I am not a spokesperson for HP.

• If you found this information helpful, please take a moment to click on "Accept as Solution".
  • If you'd like to say thanks, please click on the "thumbs up" icon to give me Kudos!
0 Kudos
AG04071138
Level 3
Level 3
58 58 3 8
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Here is the user manual for this product. I've linked to the page on Shutting down the computer. 

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=7527384&docId=emr_na-c04535724&docLocale...

"If the computer is unresponsive and you are unable to use the preceding shutdown procedures, try the following:

Press ctrl+alt+delete

Click the Power icon

Select Shut Down.

Press and hold the power button for at least 5 seconds.

Disconnect the computer from external power."

Here is a video on shutting down a notebook with a fixed battery. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NJQM8vJa9Q

Did any of these steps help?

Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
Kareemspooner
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hey my hp laptop power led light has flashed about 3 or 4 times and then it wont turn  back on its not getting any power now what is the problem???

0 Kudos
SDF15
Retired
Retired
5,851 5,326 351 632
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Kareemspooner,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I read your post about the issue with the notebook starting, and wanted to assist you!  I understand that the LED lights will flash 3 or 4 times.

To start, can you provide me with the Product Number and Operating System of the notebook?  You can use the links below to help you with that information:
HP Customer Support - Products
Which Windows operating system am I running?

In the meantime, can you clarify how many times the LED lights will blink?  They should blink 1-6 times, pause, then blink 1-6 times again.  Please let me know.

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
bangel07
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having trouble turning my HP Stream Notebook Pc 11 on. I turn it on and it flashes 3 times and stops after taht. When I connect it to the charger is shows the orange light on. 

0 Kudos
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,498
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @bangel07,

Thanks for reaching out!  A very Good Day to you. 🙂 Hope you are doing well. 🙂  I understand that you need assistance with the HP stream Notebook not working. I’ll be glad to assist you with this.:)

You’ve done an excellent job on diagnosing the issue from your end. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 It is always a privilege to work with tech-savvy and technically competent customers like you. 🙂 We greatly value your relationship with HP.:)

You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂.

For better clarity, I would require more information regarding this.

• Please let me know the complete model# of the unit and the operating system
  • Did this happen after a power outage or a power surge?

It certainly looks like a hardware issue with the unit.

Please perform a hard reset first from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768

Then try to fire up the unit and check if it works.

If it does not work, then please check this link out: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Stream-11-Notebook-PC/7372144/model/7538969/document/c0533613... and perform all the steps mentioned in this link.

Finally, if nothing works, then the issue is hardware related and please contact HP phone support to get the unit serviced. If the unit is under warranty then the repair services should be taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty.

Steps to contact HP phone support.

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the mouse is under warranty then it will be replaced without hassles.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this pans out. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
bajaskier
6 3 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unplug the PC and let it sit until the power light goes out completely. Plug in,and battery will begin charging.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation