cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
marckalvin21
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Power light turns on then

Hp notebook 14
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
My laptop won't turn on after I shut it down. The power light turns on and also the wifi key lights' everytime I pushed the power button but it will immediately turn off. I tried the hard reset way which includes the following: unplugging of the charger and the battery and pressing the power button for 30 seconds but nothing happened. And also there is no screen display.
Please help me.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 956 2,198
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @marckalvin21,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!

I have looked into your issue about your HP 14 Notebook and it having startup issues.  Try performing a hard reset.

When performing a hard reset please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices.

Here is a link to computer won't start for Windows.

Plug the power adapter directly into a different wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue.

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!:smileyhappy:.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
marckalvin21
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, my problem is not resolve yet. My laptop is not turning on. I tried the instructions in the link but still the same. The power and wifi led turn on for i think 5 sec then it turned off. Maybe there is something wrong in my motherboard? The color on the wifi led is orange. And also the color of led beside the ac adaptor where it is plug in turns white then shut down. Usually its color is orange because my battery is not fully charge.
0 Kudos
marckalvin21
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please help me. I bought my laptop just last year. 😞
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 956 2,198
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @marckalvin21,

Have you tried to connect the Notebook to a different Wall outlet?

Have you tried reseating Memory and the HDD?

Here is some troubleshooting to follow.

Let me know.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation