Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jndals Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Power switch on HP Stream Notebook has frozen

HP Stream Notebook - 11-r001na
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I turned off my notebook using the mouse and the screen menu. The computer apparently closed down as it should, the screen went black, but the light on the power switch continues to glow. When I try to turn on the computer again, the power switch has become unresponsive.

Now I can't turn my computer on. (I don't actually know whether the computer is turned on or off because the screen is black).

The notebook has a fixed battery, so I can't do a hard reset by removing it.

What should I do?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
16806 1039 2605
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Power switch on HP Stream Notebook has frozen

Hello @jndals,

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that the power switch isn't working. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Please try the steps listed in this document: Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code.

You can click on the "Accept as Solution" if the issue is resolved and the "Thumbs Up" for my effort. Please keep me posted. Good Luck! 

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation