Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kkofi2010 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Primary (internal battery) 601 very low how to correct this

When startup Hp notebook windows  7, i received a message that my internal battery is very low and i should consider replacing it. Is a new machine i bought which is less than i year. And also when i plug in AC adaaptor it does note show charging.  How do i correct this, i need your help

0 Kudos
26 REPLIES
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
395 11 71
Message 2 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is the warning for the PRIMARY battery or for the CMOS battery?

Battery's can poop out on you even if they are new.

Should be nothing more than a warranty replacement for the primary, as for the CMOS, best to send it in to have that done under warranty.

Soooo, if the primary battery is out of the laptop, and you plug in the AC, do you still get the FAIL prompt?

AND....

Do the HP BATTERY CHECK from the HP ADVISOR program.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

> Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
> See a great post? Click on the white star and give it a Kudos!

Provost Provost
Provost
45603 4303 10938
Message 3 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

kkofi2010 wrote:

When startup Hp notebook windows  7, i received a message that my internal battery is very low and i should consider replacing it. Is a new machine i bought which is less than i year. And also when i plug in AC adaaptor it does note show charging.  How do i correct this, i need your help

Please identify your notebook with the (p/n) product name from the barcoded sticker on the bottom of the notebook.

You should run the diagnostic test on your main battery. You can do this through the HP Support Assistant or the BIOS. If there is an issue with the main battery then you should recieve a message through either the diagnostic in BIOS or HP Support Assistant with a warranty replacement number.

If a problem exists with the BIOS (CMOS) battery then you will have already noted that the date and time will not stay set.

If your notebook will not charge the battery, then either the main battery or the power adapter has failed.

Are you able to boot into Windows with the main battery removed and the power adapter plugged in? ( It is safe to do this)

Best regards,

erico

Click on the Thumbs up to say thanks .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

kkofi2010 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 4 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

when i plug Ac adaptor without the battery it does not show "consider replacing battery" from the first screen that display. If battery is in it do it not show charging as it used to do at first. thanks

0 Kudos
kkofi2010 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When am charging the battery, i see a red cross on it show consider chaging your battery. it does not show charging as it used to do at first.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
45603 4303 10938
Message 6 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Identify your notebook with the p/n on the barcoded sticker on the bottom of your notebook or from within the BIOS or Support Assistant.

There are some notebooks that have BIOS update that prevent the "Consider replacing your main battery"  error messages from displaying. There are also some recent notebooks that had battery replacement requiredWith proper identification of your notebook it will be simple to determine if your notebook is one of either group.

Best regards,

erico

Click on the Thumbs up to say thanks .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
Barrybmw Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 7 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My Laptop gets this message   pri72-B66mary internal battery 601 very low    

G72-B66US Notebook

what do i do       Is this the main large battery or is it the little internal battery             should i replace it 

0 Kudos
Barrybmw Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 8 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

please tell me what your answer was to the battery question   

i have a G72 B66US    hp laptop

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
395 11 71
Message 9 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

#1) Do the HP battery advisor with the battery in the notebook,  if it gives you a fail, you need a new battery

#2) Pull the battery out, do the HP battery check, if it gives you a fail or an error code, it the CMOS (RTC) battery that needs replacing.

#3) If you can not start your notebook withuot the battery in, its the power block, it will need replacing.

Post back with the results.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

> Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
> See a great post? Click on the white star and give it a Kudos!

0 Kudos
ahmed_mon3m Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 10 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation